Megazyme’s RINTDF Method has received final approval from AOAC International, the standard-setting body for analytical chemistry worldwide. This new method builds on earlier work by Megazyme in dietary fiber analysis and has been on the market since 2016 in assay kit format (K-RINTDF).
K-RINTDF procedure has achieved Final Action status: AOAC Method 2017.16.
This method is updated to be more consistent with in vivo conditions in the human small intestine, i.e. a 4 h incubation time. Under these conditions, a more accurate measurement of resistant starch (notably RS2 and RS4) is obtained. These new conditions also ensure that resistant maltodextrin artifacts that were produced from non-resistant starch under the incubation conditions of the Rapid Integrated Total Dietary Fiber procedure (AOAC Methods 2009.01 and 2011.25) are no longer produced.
Dietary Fiber and Available Carbohydrates discussed in detail
Advantages of K-RINTDF
DF values for most samples are very similar to those obtained with AOAC Method 2009.01
- New, more physiologically relevant incubation conditions provide more accurate DF values for resistant starch (RS2 and RS4) and isomaltooligosaccharides
- No high MW resistant maltodextrin artefacts formed (cf. AOAC 2009.01/2011.25)
- Improved deionisation procedure prior to SDFS analysis
- TSKGel HPLC column outperforms traditional Sugarpak for DP resolution
- No sodium azide required
- All reagents (except a-amylase/AMG solution) stable for > 2 years after preparation
- The method is consistent with the CODEX Alimentarius definition of dietary fiber
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Very competitive price (cost per test)
Access K-RINTDF product information here (https://www.megazyme.com/rapid-integrated-total-dietary-fiber-assay-kit)
Download a K-RINTDF product information leaflet here (https://prod-media.megazyme.com/media/pdf/2e/4f/d0/AOAC-RINTDF-Press-Release-for-Web-2020.pdf)
For more information on Dietary Fiber and analysis, visit our Portal (https://www.megazyme.com/focus-areas/dietary-fiber-portal)